Self-Help and Links
- Legal Information Center: If you need information about representing yourself in a Hillsborough County family law case, Bay Area Legal Services' staff can assist you at the Legal Information Center, located in the George Edgecomb Courthouse. For walk-in hours and information, click here.
- Family Forms Clinic: If you need help filling out Hillsborough County family law forms, BALS staff and volunteers can assist you at the George Edgecomb Courthouse. For walk-in hours or information, click here.
- Self Help Center: If you live in Pasco County and you have questions about family law forms or the court process, you may obtain information and guidance at the BALS Self-Help Center in the Pasco County Courthouse in Dade City. For walk-in hours and information, click here.
Disaster Resources and Links
- For downloadable brochures on the following topics, click on the link:
- Education Rights of Children Displaced or Homeless due to Natural Disasters
All of the links listed below are provided to you as a public service. We do not warranty or guarantee that the information provided on these websites is accurate or current, or that any forms you download will be accepted by the courts. You should not rely on this information to make legal decisions.
Children's Board of Hillsborough County: http://www.childrensboard.org/Resource for services for children and families
- Crisis Center of Tampa Bay: http://www.211atyourfingertips.org/
211: Community resources online
- The Florida Bar: http://www.floridabar.org/
Statewide Lawyer Referral Service; directory for attorneys; free consumer publications
- Florida County Clerks Directory: http://www.flclerks.com/directory.html/
Information about duties and services of the Clerk of the Court; links to judicial circuits
- Florida Department of Corrections: http://www.dc.state.fl.us/
Facilities; offender information; community resources
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement: http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/
Criminal records, databases, statistics; publications and legal information
- Florida Law Help: http://www.floridalawhelp.org/
Directory for legal aid/legal services providers; self-help brochures and information
- Florida Legal Services, Inc.: http://www.floridalegal.org
Directory of Florida legal assistance provider programs; information about statewide projects
- Florida Property Appraisers: http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/property/appraisers.html
Directory for property appraisers by Florida county; links to appraisers’ websites
- Florida Sheriffs Association: http://www.flsheriffs.org/
Directory for sheriffs by Florida county (for service of process)
- Florida State Courts: http://www.flcourts.org/
Links to courts; listings for Self-Help Centers statewide; free family law forms
- Government E-Commerce website: http://www.myfloridacounty.com/
Pay for county services online: child support, traffic tickets, and official records
- Homeless Shelter Directory: http://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/cgi-bin/id/city.cgi?city=Tampa;state=FL
Directory of homeless shelters and services in the Tampa Bay area.
- James J. Lunsford Law Library: law.hcplc.org
Hillsborough County Law Library for legal resources and materials
- Online Sunshine: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/
Official site of the Florida legislature; online access to Florida statutes and constitution.