Facts and Figures
In 2018, Bay Area Legal Services . . .
- Assisted more than 16,889 individuals, families, and community groups.
- Responded to 56,103 callers and online applicants seeking legal services.
- Supported 4,999 residents in the Tampa Bay area through our Legal Information Center in the George C. Edgecomb Courthouse, by providing them with legal information about how to represent themselves in family law cases.
- Helped 4,562 senior clients resolve their legal problems.
- Assisted 416 domestic violence survivors obtain injunctions, child custody, support, and alimony.
- Assisted 3,370 clients seeking help to obtain or maintain housing.
- Advised and represented 202 clients with employment-related matters.
- Helped 1,217 military veterans.